UPDATE: Third Victim Grad Student at BU

Honah Liles
BU News Service

Authorities are now confirming that a Boston University graduate student was among those killed by the explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday.

A second Boston University student was seriously injured and is being treated at Boston Medical Center. According to a statement from Boston University President Robert Brown, that student is now in stable condition.

The name of the Boston University graduate student is not yet being released, pending notification of the family. The blast also killed 8-year-old Martin Richard, of Boston, and 29-year-old Krystle Campbell of Medford.

The two explosions also left over 170 wounded, including 17 victims who were listed in critical condition.

The FBI and other law enforcement agencies repeatedly requested that anyone who heard or saw anything suspicious, or who has photos or videos from Monday, come forward and provide information.

UPDATE: 4/17 11am The Associated Press reports:

The Shenyang Evening News said on its official Twitter-like microblog account that the victim’s name is Lu Lingzi. An editor at the newspaper said that Lu’s father confirmed his daughter’s death when reporters visited the family home. The editor declined to give his name because he was not authorized to speak to foreign media.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry and Consulate General in New York are not releasing the victim’s name at the request of the family. But on Tuesday, Boston media quoted a Chinese Consulate General official as saying Chinese national Lu Lingzi was missing in the wake of Monday’s bombings that killed three and wounded more than 170 people.

2 Comments so far:

Leave a Reply to Boston University News Service | Special Report: Tsarnaev on Trial Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Posted by: Honah Liles on

Tags: